• 2 Striploin Steaks
• 2 Large Sweet Onions
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1½ Tbsp Maple Syrup
• ¼ Cup Red Wine
• 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
• 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
• 1 Tsp Black Pepper
• 2 Cups Jasmine or White Rice
• Fresh Chives
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare and steam rice in rice cooker or on stove top.
2. Finely dice onions and set aside.
3. Pound steaks with meat mallet and lightly score both sides of each steak.
4. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
5. Generously cover both sides of each steak with diced onion. Set aside to marinate and allow onion juices to tenderize the meat for 45 minutes to an hour.
6. Once the steaks are at room temperature, scrape off the diced onion into a bowl.
7. Fry steaks with oil in a cast iron skillet or pan for 3-4 minutes each side, or until desired doneness. Remove steaks from the pan and rest for 10 minutes.
8. Add onions to pan and fry until golden brown. Add soy sauce, maply syrup, and red wine. Deglaze for 5 minutes.
9. Slice steaks into bite sized pieces.
10. Pack rice into medium sized bowls. Top with sliced steak and pile on mounds of the deglazed onion.
11. Garnish with finely chopped chives.